Wednesday, December 18, 2013

STUDIO CITY

And then there was the place
that sat next to the freeway
where the smooth whir of the cars
at rush hour sounded like the ocean.
it was a good place
where my days were free and open,
full of close friends, cheap food,
and endless possibility. The nights 
were calm and there was little do 
before sleeping, though sometimes 
I would lie awake listening 
to the couples making love
in the Jacuzzi outside my
bedroom window.  I was alone
and lonely, but never unhappy.
This was a place before the winning
And then the losing, where life scrolled out
before me like an unending ribbon,
where mistakes could be rewritten,
where regrets were few.   It was also 
a place, it must be said, where more
than a handful of my dreams went to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment